In accordance with the procedures of this tender, we will not be publishing the budget.
2. Can you please confirm where the core hardware infrastructure of the Fisheries Monitoring system including the servers and database must be hosted?
Annex II + III: Technical Specifications + Technical Offer, Installation and Licenses, Item No. 102 refers:
“The entire package, including the hardware, software, communications equipment and services, will be installed by the Contractor at the FCWC HQ building in Tema, Ghana.”
Annex II + III: Technical Specifications + Technical Offer, Web-based System, Item No. 3 refers:
“The system will be hosted at the FCWC offices at Tema, Ghana”
3. May it be in the supplier’s premises with a secure cloud access from Tema ?
Provided the conditions required by Items No. 102 and Item No. 3 of Annex II + III: Technical Specifications + Technical Offer, Installation and Licenses are met, the contractor may also host the package at the suppliers premises with a secure cloud access from Tema.
4. Do you expect the contractor to provide an AIS feed?
Yes, the Contractor is required to provide the AIS feed for the system, and ensure full AIS coverage (both Terrestrial and SAT) for all of the waters of the FCWC MS’s, with an additional buffer of 100 nm into adjacent waters.
5. Can you please confirm that the AIS feed merged in the system concerns the whole industrial fishing fleet of FCWC members?
Annex II + III: Technical Specifications + Technical Offer, Installation and Licenses, Item No. 17 refers:
“The system will automatically receive, integrate and display AIS data – message types 1, 2, 3, 5, 14, 18, 19, and 24 (Class A and Class B), both terrestrial and satellite, and merge them into a unique AIS track for a particular vessel.”
The AIS data will be for all vessels and not just the relevant industrial fishing fleets of FCWC members.
6. Related to item 94 of the technical specifications, can you please confirm what kind of communication costs must be covered by the contractor?
The communication costs will include the annual costs of internet and telecommunication facilities required to exchange/transfer data between systems, as well the transmission of alert messages to Users. In addition, in will also include any costs associated with the provision of a VPN service, should the bidder include such service in its solution.